Recipe for Success – FreshDirect is currently seeking a Meat Butcher in the New York City area. The Meat Butcher Associate is responsible for cutting, trimming and scraping of meat and poultry products. The ideal candidate should have experience within a perishable, food or provisional items.
Key ingredients –
- Minimum 1 year of Butcher experience
- Ability to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Must be able to work an overnight shift
- Ability to use knives and other tools of the trade
- Ability to recognize various cuts, sizes and species of Meat
- Ability to learn to use band saw and other power equipment used in the trade
- Ability to read production labels and produce various cuts of meat for retail trade under direction of a full journeyman
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Ability to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32-38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Required to wear oil and slip resistance shoes
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need) (Part-time and full-time basis)
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.