Finance Manager - FP&A
POSITION: Finance Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis
REPORTS TO: SVP Finance
Recipe for Success-
The Finance Manager FP&A plays a key role in planning and analyzing FD’s financial performance. This role is the central consolidation point for all the financial plans, budgets and reporting in the company. The FP&A manager owns, builds and continually enhances the company-wide financial models. This role creates models to set goals, build plans, analyze performance. Additionally, this role leads the weekly and monthly reporting cycles. Working closely with the CFO this role requires excellent communication skills and professional maturity.
Key ingredients –
- Create models to help the company set goals and build annual plans
- Lead weekly and monthly financial reporting processes. Produce and continually enhance reporting for senior management team, Board and investors.
- Monitor financial performance and identify potential risks and opportunities
- Primary finance support for the IT organization. Partner with IT leaders to understand IT costs and help forecast and control spending
- Central point of consolidation for annual plan.
- Lead capex planning, forecasting and controls. Be central consolidation point for capex projects across the organization.
- Provide reporting support to senior managers on an ad-hoc basis
- Additional Duties as assigned
Add dash of -
- BA/BS in Finance, Business
- Minimum three (5-7) years’ work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills
- Be detail & result oriented in getting tasks accomplished
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment
- Be proactive, efficient, customer focused and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Be a team player and willing to pitch in so that goals of the team are met
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities & Metrics:
- Strong Excel modeling experience.
- Experience with ERP software, SAP preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Ability to complete projects in a timely and accurate manner critical
- Able to present numerical data in a concise, logical and useful manner
- Strong financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and familys
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job