Marketing Assistant - CRM
Recipe for Success:
The Marketing Assistant, CRM is responsible for creating and executing CRM marketing campaigns, conduct rigorous quality assurance testing on campaigns prior to deployment, and partners with technology to set up and test marketing promotions. The CRM Assistant will serve as an expert in FreshDirect's campaign management tools and develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer and sales data that drive our marketing campaigns. This position will work in close partnership with the Merchandise team, Creative, Operations, and Plant to ensure a seamless experience to our customers.
- Helps to plan, execute, and measure CRM (email, on-site, social retargeting, mobile push, etc) campaigns
- Confirm that all email links, dynamic content and personalized fields function properly across platforms
- Assists in the development of the strategy and management of the operations of all email marketing
- Ensure that appropriate creative content and offers are extended to each audience
- Make recommendations for changes that will increase email effectiveness based on findings
- Make recommendations to management of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for the email channel
- Monitor and report on key email metrics
- Monitor ongoing ("triggered") campaigns to ensure proper execution of all scheduled events
- Partner with business teams to develop marketing plans that support business objectives while protecting and growing the size and value of our customer email list
- Review competitive landscape and best practices, and make adjustments to plans and operational activities based upon identified information
- Evolve to oversee a segment of email file and customization of messaging
- Helps to validate customer segmentation logic and audience counts
- Work with manager and business and technology partners to identify and gather business requirements for marketing campaigns, potential marketing database enhancements, and campaign management process improvements
- Work with technology partners to setup and test marketing promotions (e.g., free delivery offers, department/category discounts) prior to campaign deployment
- Must manage & track multiple assets at different stages in production to ensure timely delivery to Marketing, Merchandising and Technology Partners
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative departments to review creative comps and copy; secure all required assets (images, URLs, subject lines and body copy)
- Coordinate between site merchandisers, buyers, and creative to get assets and QA final content
- Must be results and goal-focused
- BS or BA Degree required
- 1-2 years in a marketing role, preferably in CRM for either consumer-focused e-commerce or e-tail company
- Ability to understand e-commerce and the ability to translate merchandising efforts into meaningful email campaigns.
- Ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams; marketing, product, merchandising and customer support to ensure all campaigns are set up correctly and lead to an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, articulating program goals, while troubleshooting problems and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work with creative resources to build a steady pipeline of campaigns to drive the business, from brief to execution.
- Self-starter takes initiative and recognizes the need for urgency
- Results and goal-focused
- Keen editorial eye with regards to both email copy and design specifications
- Team player; enjoys working with diverse groups/individuals across divisions and functions
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with many concurrent campaigns
- Experience executing email marketing campaigns with a major email service provider is a plus.
- Proficiency in excel and power point required
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect? We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks: Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and an annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.