Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts payable Specialist is responsible for receiving invoices coming into the Company. Their responsibility includes, verifying and posting the invoices as well as corresponding with vendors to reconcile differences
· Maintain relations with vendors and internal customers
· Coordinates with receiving department to obtain receiving reports for the previous day, food and non-food vendors included.
· Matches PO (purchase order) to receiving report/invoice/bill of lading (BOL) as applicable, for completeness.
· Responsible for obtaining missing supporting documentation from receiving dept. or other relevant party.
· Completes "packet" for processing and stamps with "date received in A/P dept."
· Separates food from non-food and by vendor for distribution to remaining A/P team.
· Unmatched items are stored, alphabetically, in an "unmatched file" awaiting supporting documentation.
· Review incoming invoice, comparing invoice prices and receive quantity to PO and to system
· Report discrepancy to purchasing and receiving departments and reconcile/resolve differences.
· Post matched invoices without discrepancies.
· Ensure that all discrepancies are followed up timely and resolved within vendor’s payment terms
·Request and reconcile vendor’s statement monthly
· Reconcile posting to GR/IR account, a.k.a. Accrued Purchase account
· Review and respond to incoming e-mails and phone inquiries from vendors and internal customers within 24 hours.
·Opens daily mail, stamps for date received, and matches any receiving to "unmatched file" as applicable.
· File all paid invoices as necessary.
· Assist with preparing checks & electronic payments for signing/approval.
· Match the check to the invoice being paid, i.e. amounts are the same, or if not, reconciliation of why not
·Verify that all appropriate documentation is attached
· Separate & distribute checks for signers: there are currently 3
· Assist with preparing checks for mailing.
· Review that all checks are signed, put in respective envelopes, and forward to mailing dept. for stamping and sending
· Any other duties or projects as assigned by Manager.
- HS diploma
- Associate Degree preferred with an emphasis in courses in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum one (1) year work experience in an Accounts Payable role preferred
- Bookkeeping Certificate preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advance knowledge of Excel and MS Word
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Strong Math and Communication skills
- Highly organized and professional
- Positive attitude, sound work ethic and an ability to follow instruction
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.