Ground Ops Assistant (Chill- Forklift Experience Required)
Recipe for Success-
Fresh Direct is currently seeking an Inbound Associate (Level 1) in the New York area. The Inbound Associate Level 1 is responsible for picking and packing of product for customer orders in the Receiving department. This position provide consistent, accurate handling and recording of products received into the warehouse.
- Processing all inbound deliveries quickly and accurately, using computers, RF Scanning Guns, and motorized equipment to complete all required transactions
- Scanning labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Spotting labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Applying knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Assisting in shut down procedures and special requirements
- Must be able to pass motorized equipment certification within 1 month of starting work on dock
Add a dash of:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32 to 38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12 hrs shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Must be able to pass a post-offer hearing test
- Must be able to pass an annual post offer hearing test
- Machinery Experience a must (i.e. Forklift; Cherry Picker; Hi-lo's; etc.)
- Must be able to speak English
- Must be comfortable with basic math skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
Add to the mix:
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, and lots of energy.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- Summer barbecues for friends and family.
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job