Marketing Assistant - Communications
Recipe for Success:
The Marketing Communications Assistant is responsible for executing multi-channel retention marketing strategies focusing on turning new customers into loyal customers. This role will serve as a “Customer Champion” to ensure we retain and grow our customer base. The Marketing Assistant will serve as a liaison between our internal cross-functional teams and the customer through all communication channels for the three FreshDirect brands: FreshDirect, FreshDirect At The Office, and FoodKick. This position will work in close partnership with the Merchandise team, Creative, Customer Service, Operations, and Plant to ensure a seamless experience to our customers.
- Assists in managing and implements multi-channel retention marketing campaigns to drive customer strategies set forth to achieve revenue and order goals. This includes project management, reporting, and analysis.
- Helps plan and organizes campaign presentations and manages the day-to-day for all customer onboarding channel efforts including email, website, social media, blog, mobile, digital & print.
- Assists in managing & tracking multiple assets at different stages in production to ensure timely delivery to Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Service, Operations and Technology Partners
- Responsible for reporting and tracking analytics of marketing efforts to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and further, use of marketing/advertising dollars.
- Works with cross-functional teams in planning, execution, reporting and communication including merchandising, operations, customer service, finance, U/X, App Development.
- Prepares on-going and ad-hoc marketing reports and analysis
- Conducts audits, Q/A and reporting of marketing tactics and processes including promotions, marketing materials, customer segmentation and finances.
- Oversees creative and content process to ensure all assets align with overall brand and campaign strategies by working closely and collaborating with the brand and design teams.
- Conduct audits of social media and email marketing efforts to determine ROI and effectiveness of current processes.
- Helps to visualize and communicate customer communication strategy and action plans such as Welcome Series, Loyalty Programs, and new products and services.
- Review competitive landscape and best practices and make adjustments to plans and operational activities based upon identified information.
- Assists in managing & tracking multiple assets at different stages in production to ensure timely delivery to Marketing, Merchandising and Technology Partners
- BS or BA Degree required
- 1-2 years in a marketing role for either a consumer-focused ecommerce or retail company
- Customer Obsessed and able to help translate marketing and merchandising initiatives into customer-centric campaigns
- Savvy, knowledgeable, and passionate about multi-channel marketing
- Strong communications skills and able to partner with multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders, articulating program goals, while troubleshooting problems and conflict resolution.
- Experience working with creative resources to build a steady pipeline of campaigns to drive the business, from brief to execution is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter takes initiative and recognizes the need for urgency
- Results and goal-focused
- Keen editorial eye with regards to both email copy and design specifications.
- Team player; enjoys working with diverse groups/individuals across divisions and functions.
- Strong project management aptitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with many concurrent campaigns.
- Experience executing email marketing campaigns with a major email service provider is a plus.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect? We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks: Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and an annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.