Jr. Business Analyst
Recipe for Success-
FreshDirect is looking for a self-starter with ability to thrive in fast-paced environment to join our Analytics team. The analyst will assist with driving customer-focused marketing strategy for our businesses via marketing campaigns and analytics support. The analytics component will require providing insights and recommendations around customer behavior to better inform marketing efforts, campaign planning and business strategy. This position will have a high level of exposure to all business functions, with great opportunity to grow. The ideal candidate will have a very strong quantitative background, experience with or desire to learn advanced analytics tools and a strong understanding of customer-focused marketing.
Key ingredients –
- Produce ongoing business, customer, marketing metrics and health assessments
- Drive the business’ understanding of the customer through analysis of life-cycle behaviors and loyalty program development.
- Develop and maintain a test-and-learn strategy, consulting with the business owners through all stages of the campaign, including the development, optimization and post-campaign tracking of campaigns
- Partner with marketing managers on developing, designing and optimizing campaigns, as well as conducting post-campaign analysis to understand campaign success and learnings
- Leverage learnings to build clear written and visual summaries for internal clients with recommendations for future marketing/merchandising campaigns
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis, pulling data from multiple sources including historical performance trends / benchmarking
- Work closely with analytics peers to collect and communicate requirements for reports and dashboards
Add dash of –
- 1-3 years of analytical and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Degree in statistics/math, business, quantitative analysis, finance, economics a plus
- Innovative problem-solver with strong quantitative and analytical skills with desire to impact the business through data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to translate data into stories and communicate advanced analyses to audiences of varying levels
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, etc.) and hands-on experience with SQL required
- Working knowledge of, or passion to learn at least one data analysis software: SAS, Python, R
- Familiarity with Google Analytics a plus
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau) a plus
- Passion for learning and finding stories in data
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job