Process Improvement Analyst - Inbound
Consultant - Process Improvement Analyst – Inbound Operations
Department: Inventory Control Non-Manufacturing
Reports to: Senior Manager of Inventory Control
Schedule – 7:00 am – 4:30 pm
Start Date – ASAP
Duration – The initial period of performance is for a four-month assignment
The Process Improvement Analyst – Inbound Operations will be assigned to working on projects that entail the below deliverables:
- Troubleshoot data issues and work with internal business partners (Inbound Ground Operations, Merchants, Inventory Control and MFG Production) to derive and assist ERP in building customized reports to investigate opportunities.
- Build and sustain cross-functional relationships with internal partners to best leverage assets for performance improvements.
- Assists in the development of and executes inbound supply chain initiatives, plans and strategies.
- Work closely with inbound logistics partners and develop internal auditing of open PO’s, Drop Zone, Expiration and dashboards (dock Process Improvement Analyst – Inbound Operations to stock) for evaluating inbound, put away and replenishment performance
- Analyze and recommend solutions to optimize productivity and lower costs across multiple points of distribution.
- Proactively identify for standard routines that impact warehouse Inbound operation. Track, manage and create improvement strategies to improve Dock to stock performance.
- Support Inventory Control Management in reviewing the control and process flow of inbound operations in the areas of inventory management, put-away and replenishment utilization and others. Key process owner in the WMS (Manhattan Warehouse Management System).
- Create lean ways of working, drivers and measures supporting key priorities for the business.
- Proactively monitors various data streams for indicators of supply chain health including inbound shipments, Inbound Ground Operations performance, downstream material flow, etc.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on specific areas of the operation (Open PO’s, Open tasks, In-transits, Drop Zones).
- Monitor results of warehouse operation improvement initiatives.
- Investigate causes for service failures to determine where changes to process or performance are needed and take appropriate actions.
Key ingredients –
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or related
- Prior work experience in operations, logistics, warehousing or manufacturing preferred;
- Experience in a work environment which extensively utilized MS Excel required
- Manhattan WMS and slotting a plus
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple high priority demands simultaneously; ability to achieve success in situations with high degrees of variation and complexity.
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.