Inventory Control Associate
A Little Bit About Fresh Direct:
FreshDirect launched in New York City in 2002, and has become an industry leader in food, tech, and eCommerce innovation. From New York to Philly, our commitment to sourcing the best in fresh and grocery through our direct relationships with farmers, suppliers, artisans, and vendors all over the world has always set us apart. With an in-house team of chefs, bakers, and experts, we live and breathe food, creating and producing a variety of freshly made meals, kits, and baked goods you can’t find anywhere else.
Our FreshDirect “At the Office” team specializes in delivering a high-quality assortment to corporate offices and schools. And in 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that supplies the instant-gratification urban crowd with the freshest, tastiest finds in food, alcohol, and home essentials—all delivered in an hour.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a Inventory Associate (Level 1):
FreshDirect is currently seeking a FD Associate for as an Inventory Associate (Level 1) in the New York City area. The Inventory Associate (Level 1) is responsible for ensuring accurate inventory levels and adherence to processes (analyze and research discrepancies, check expiration dates).
FreshDirect is currently seeking an Inventory Associate in the New York City area. The Inventory Associate is responsible for ensuring accurate inventory levels and adherence to processes (analyze and research discrepancies, check expiration dates).
- Perform schedule cycle counts.
- Cycle count reported discrepancies from different departments.
- Cycle count shorted products.
- Research receiving discrepancies.
- Check expiration dates.
- Use of Warehouse Management System (SAP).
- Utilize mobile equipment when necessary to perform job duties.
- Perform root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies.
- Escalate all inventory matters exceeding a certain threshold
- Reconcile any inventory discrepancies to ensure inventory integrity
- Perform physical/systemic scrap due to expiration, quality, damage and/or other reasons
- Collect data and create reports
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Team Leader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- No supervisory responsibility
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be proficient in Math
- Must have basic Computer knowledge
- Must wear non-slip resistant shoes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn and operate mobile equipment (Forklift, Hi-Lo, etc). Previous experience a plus
- Ability to learn SAP (Warehouse Management System)
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Strong Research and Analytical skills necessary
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job