Prep Cook - Overnight - FoodKick
When all you have is a New York minute. When life happens (the good or bad, happy or sad!). When you want to make the most of the moment. FoodKick's got your back.
We deliver just what our customers need when they need it, like quick meal hacks, chilled wine, exclusive products from local partners and fresh fill-ins. And because we're powered by FreshDirect, our customers can trust our quality and convenience.
Recipe for Success-
The primary responsibility of the Prep Cook Picker Packer:
- Processing (Slicing packing + labeling)
- QA raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Picking food products and packing in boats, totes and boxes
- Scanning labels on packages, loading packaging machines with boats, and labeling packages with printed labels
- Spotting check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling
- Assisting in shut down procedures
Key ingredients –
Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight (12:00am)
- Comfortable and able to work an 8-12-hour shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Experience in a related field is a plus
- Must be required to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Add dash of –
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to work in climate of 20-38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Able to stand for long period of times
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FD, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.