System Optimization Associate
Recipe for Success:
There are 2 distinct functions for this position, and a Systems Optimization Associate will rotate between both.
Assigned to the control tower:
- FD main dashboard for any alarms (jams and faults)
- HMI screens for full conditions and alarm specifics
- FD “Recirculation” dashboard for excessive recirculation
- FD main dashboard to make sure we are not behind on routing tasks
- FD “Remaining Lines by Zone” dashboard to ensure we are not behind on picking tasks
- FD “Olpn Aging” dashboard to identify missing/delayed olpns in a timely manner
- Follow up and fix
- Communicate any accessible jams to the SysOps associate assigned to that area via PTT/ text chain.
- Communicate any other faults and inaccessible jams to maintenance via radio.
- Communicate any areas falling behind to the SysOps associate assigned to that area.
- Use the WES wave status UI and Route Manager to find the last location of any missing olpns; communicate with the SysOps associate in that area to locate that tote, fix it as needed, and put it back in the system for processing
- Respond to any requests from shipping about the location of specific totes
- Report any full cases missing at shipping to the manager in charge of case pick for reprinting
- Log any jams/issues that take longer than 5 minutes to resolve, with reason for delay
- Create a JIRA ticket for any major issue, or recurring issues
- If any issue takes longer than 15 minutes to resolve (is likely to impact shipping), communicate this to the shipping team.
- Escalate issues as needed to the SysOps Coordinator
Assigned to a plant floor area (ambient, chilled or merges/sorters):
- Monitor assigned area for any possible problems (walk through entire area continually)
- Pay special attention to all entry, exit and other known spots that are critical for flow through the system
- Follow up and fix
- Immediately clear any jams as long as it can be done safely
- If notified that your area is falling behind in picking or routing tasks, identify the root cause and assist with resolution
- Assist with picking at any station that appears to be falling behind
- Locate and expedite any delayed totes
- Fix any defective totes at no-read lines or pulled off at stations
- Coach pickers on correct jam clearing procedures as required
- Assist with managing the flow of volume through the zones by coaching pickers as needed
- Report all jams observed and fixed, including start and end times to the SysOps associate assigned to the control tower, for logging
- Report to the SysOps associate assigned to the control tower, the resolution of any issues that took longer than 5 minutes, or that had to be escalated (such as inaccessible jams or WES/PLC problems)
- Update team leads and supervisors with observations in your assigned area at check-in meetings, or as required
- Clear all totes remaining in system at the beginning and end of each day
- Ensure that there are totes at order start at the beginning of each day
- Any other tasks, as requested by management, to keep us running successfully
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job