Produce Associate - FoodKick
When all you have is a New York minute. When life happens (the good or bad, happy or sad!). When you want to make the most of the moment. FoodKick's got your back.
We deliver just what our customers need when they need it, like quick meal hacks, chilled wine, exclusive products from local partners and fresh fill-ins. And because we're powered by FreshDirect, our customers can trust our quality and convenience.
The Produce Associate position's purpose is to make sure that the established quality assurance system is implemented on a daily basis. The Produce Associate ensures all products and finished products as well as packaging meet specifications. Assists in the inbound, replenishment and sanitation process.
- Ensure QC procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Regularly ensure compliance of all raw materials, packaging materials, products in process, and finished products to specific
- Monitor product handling, shipping, and storage conditions.
- 6 months (plus) of food quality experience
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 8–10 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- English Required - Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
- High School diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise in food safety (raw and ready-to-eat)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FD, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.