Power BI Developer
Recipe for Success-
Looking for a strong Microsoft Power BI Developer with strong business intelligence and database skills to develop dashboards for both strategic and tactical initiatives. Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy the requirements of the Analytics and Marketing functions. Will include new development as well as support, maintenance or enhancement of existing applications. Works closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Works closely with internal technical team on information sources and architecture.
- Able to Create Power BI dashboards and reports. Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Development of visualization tools as part of the dashboard.
- Designing and developing tabular cubes/models for optimal performance and ease of use.
- Implement, enhance, triage existing stored procedures and SSIS packages employed in the overnight or real-time integration with source systems.
- Work with business and technical project teams to design/develop interactive data visualization, using Power BI, based on business needs.
- Gather business requirements for data/analytics reporting.
- Design new visualization combining previously disparate data types.
- Maintain current BI data model. Develop and administer new data models and enhancements.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to determine business reporting and analysis requirements.
- Metrics to track strategic initiatives based on transactional sales data.
- Train business users on leveraging reports and dashboards.
- Design and generation of reports in timely and accurate manner.
- Strong knowledge of BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI).
- 2+ years of recent experience designing and developing data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- Creating visual dashboards, developing and maintaining data models
- Strong knowledge of Power BI data querying and modeling capabilities, such as creation of calculated columns, measures, and relationships.
- Experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for BI reporting, and collaborating with architects, developers and testers.
- Strong communication skills and small group facilitation skills.
- Has demonstrated the ability to use rapid prototyping and iterative design processes.
- Solid practical knowledge of MS/Azure SQL: queries, stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in database administration.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Able to help the organization set priorities, adhere to deadlines to meet goals, and adapt to schedule changes.
- High level of personal, work and professional ethics
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job