Treasury & Compliance Manager
Recipe for Success-
The Treasury and Compliance Manger, Finance at FreshDirect will be responsible for the following:
Bring better cash forecasting and management to the Company. This includes daily bank account reconciliation and review to support daily cash flow forecasting. Work with the accounting and accounts payable teams to manage bank balances and approve ACH and wires. Meet with the executive management team to present cashflow position regularly.
Responsible for Dunn & Bradstreet reporting and monitoring credit ratings. This individual will be the Company point of reference for completion of credit applications. Work with the business and legal department to manage distribution of financial statements to suppliers and creditors.
Work cross functionally to support annual insurance renewals and ensure all payments are made timely with no lapse in coverage. This individual will be part of the team that reviews workers compensation claims and accident reviews with the insurance company.
Work with our tax consultants to prepare annual state and federal tax returns, estimated quarterly payments, and monthly sales and use tax. This individual would also be responsible for responding to any tax notices. In addition, this individual would be responsible for all on-going compliance associated with New Market Tax Credits earned by the Company, and work with our finance team regarding quarterly debit compliance deliverables.
The Company would like to improve the efficiency of banking processes, including lockbox automation between online banking and SAP. This role will play a critical part of the project management for the new process.
Assist the Director of Accounting and Accounting manager with technical accounting issues, including responsibility for the annual tax provision, stock compensation expense, and ad hoc transactions. Role would be responsible for accounting treatment of debt & equity transactions. Individual is part of the team that prepares the annual financial statements.
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting, Finance, or Business degree preferred
- 4-8 years of Treasury, Compliance, Accounting or Finance experience; preferably a mix
- Experience with on-line banking platforms (JP Morgan Access) and on-line Merchant Services platforms (BAMS/FirstData ClientLine) preferred.
- Experience with cash management and daily forecasting is strongly preferred
- Experience with insurance programs, renewals and claims review is a strongly preferred (property, auto, worker’s compensation, etc)
- Strong Accounting and understanding of financial statements (a Senior Accountant level ability) with Treasury experience
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job