Benefits Program Manager
Recipe for Success The Benefits Program Manager will leverage their background in programs such as 401(k), self-insured medical, prescription drug, dental, disability, accident / sickness, group term life, vision, and other programs to evaluate and recommend ongoing improvements to maximize the value of the Benefits program for the company’s valued employees. This position will interact with Human Resources, Payroll, Finance/Accounting and various external vendors in the deployment and administration of employee benefit plans and programs. This position will report to the Director of People Support.
- Support the design, implementation, administration, evaluation and responsible for the ongoing management of the Benefit Program. Specific programs may include MetLife insurance, disability, perks and commuter benefits.
- Develop communication plan and identify tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Work with vendors to conduct ongoing analyses and to make recommendations to ensure ongoing legal compliance, cost effectiveness, equity and competitive positioning.
- Drive, monitor, manage, and report on program costs to internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate and monitor enrollment processes with third party vendor, administration of enrollment changes within the employee population as well as with vendors.
- Ensure compliance while maintaining plan documents, annual notices, reporting and filing requirements, for ERISA, COBRA, ACA, and other state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely distribution of all required disclosures including SARs, HIPAA privacy practices, COBRA and other regulated disclosures.
- Coordinate carrier billing and payment with third party vendor and within the appropriate internal departments.
- Coordinate HIPAA compliance training with broker and ensure HIPAA policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with state and/or federal guidelines for FMLA, FPL, DBL, Military and personal leaves.
- Responsible for the documentation of all processes. Monitor, analyze, and report on leave management compliance and risk.
- Provide education on the leave process and related policies. to employees, managers, department administrators and human resources professionals.
- Ensure the Benefits Administration Specialist is following process and procedure in the processing of all leave requests, monitoring and tracking of critical dates in the leave cycle and communicating with the employee and manager/ HR as appropriate.
401(k) Retirement Plan Administration
- Responsible for reviewing and approving beneficiary designation, rollovers, distributions, loans and hardships.
- Responsible for the compliance testing, plan audits and annual government filings related to the retirement plan.
- Coordinate with 401(k) provider communications and educational sessions for eligible employees.
- Participate in quarterly investment review meetings and provide metrics / analysis as needed to CFO and other members of the Executive team.
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in benefits design and administration to include 401(k) and vendor management.
- Self-insured plan designs, policy interpretation, contracts, and management including TPA, Stop Loss insurance, claims and utilization analysis and medical management programs.
- Working knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA and PFL and other state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills with unquestioned integrity and ethics when providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and employees.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), presentation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of health and welfare, retirement, leave management and wellness programs in a large diverse workforce.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to proactively identify problems and offer solutions/ability to work without supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems.
- Excellent at workload prioritization, resource management and project management. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and an annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.