Transportation Field Manager
Position Summary: The Transportation Field Manager is responsible for managing the field operations of the Transportation Department. The responsibilities include developing and coaching the delivery teams, while ensuring professionalism in the community in which we deliver. The Field Manager is expected to manage cost and service performance through field audits and feedback, as well as creating and sustaining relationships in the building and communities we serve. Equally important are supporting the shift teamwork and Operations Center through open lines of communication.
- Manage on-time performance of Drivers and Runners while maintaining a high level customer service and a safety culture
- Oversee Drivers, Helpers and Runners within a specified geographic area in the Metro Tri-State Area
- Partner with the Environmental Health & Safety and Food Safety teams to promote a safe, reliable and efficient operating environment
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries
- Monitor Drivers, Helpers and Runners performance by conducting field audits and ride along that include spot checking various routes
- Perform daily reviews and analysis of metrics reporting to drive continuous improvement
- Investigate, document, and report on truck accidents / Process worker’s compensation reports, when required
- Ensure operational compliance with D.O.T regulations
- Partner with Sr. Management and Human Resources on all Driver, Helper and Runner performance concerns and talent development
- Communicate with other departments heads and FreshDirect personnel to assist in various needs
- Minimum three (3) years of transportation supervision / management experience
- Must be Customer Service oriented
- Truck driving experience with a clean driving record
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule – shifts will include early mornings and/or late evening and weekends
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience in a FD position or one plus (1+) year experience as a Supervisor of similar job responsibility.
- Freshdirect Employees must be enrolled or on the mentorship program waiting list
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships with the company and within the community
- Demonstrated ability to positively affect productivity and on-time performance
- Must be able to give instructions and communicate clearly with Drivers and Runners
- Ability to think strategically with high level of patience in dealing with critical situations
- Experienced leadership skills when training, coaching and developing talent
- Strong organizational skills and being a skilled at managing multiple priorities
- Must be goal oriented with a strong work ethic and hold high standards for quality performance
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a nice to have
- CDL License a huge plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is ideal
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.