Production Planner - Manufacturing
The MFG Production Planner will support all production planning activities within the manufacturing environment on-shift as well as accomplish key company projects and objectives. This position will support the move from LIC to HRY.
- Key Project: Review BOMS, routings, MM, MRP Settings to support Production Planning in SAP at the work center level in LIC and HRY. Optimize the flow paths using Toyota Production System Concepts.
- Key Project: Fully implement production planning in SAP at the work center level in LIC and HRY
- Key Project: Fully implement manufacturing raw material staging systemically in LIC and HRY.
- Provide production plan by firming / revising production orders based on RM supply and scrap prior to MRP run.
- Develop and improve production planning processes.
- Develop team culture within manufacturing to create an optimum environment for collaboration.
- Collaborate with R&D, Merchandising, demand planning (forecasting), supply planning (procurement), inventory control, and IB logistics to plan production, improve processes and execute NPD, holiday and promotional plans.
- Analyze inventory to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or improve customer service.
- Define and measure key performance metrics – Schedule conformance, RM Staging OTC and Equipment Capacity Utilization, scrap, shorts, OOS
- Develop and implement new or improved supply chain processes and strategies to improve these metrics.
- Maintain Material Master in SAP to utilize material staging, capacity planning and other key system functionalities
- Support production of FDX products
- Related and Ad Hoc Projects/Reporting
- Ability to work off-hours and/or split shift as needed (production scheduling before midnight – morning meetings)
- 3+ years of experience in Supply chain manufacturing is a plus. TPS experience preferred.
- MRP or ERP system experience – SAP PP experience implementing BOMS and Routings is preferred
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Ability to coach and train a team to achieve maximum potential
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of forecasting and production planning principles
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Proficient in mathematics and statistical data analysis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Six-Sigma, APICS, CSCP, CPIM or similar certification a plus
- Toyota Production System Concepts
- Problem solver with excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and process documentation skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.