Recipe for Success-
FreshDirect is currently seeking a Freezer Associate in the New York City area. The Freezer Associate is responsible for picking and packing of frozen product for customer orders in the Freezer department.
Key ingredients –
- Quality assurance of frozen and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in totes
- Scan labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to everyday operation
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Add a dash of:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Must be required to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Must be able to pass a post-offer hearing test
- Must be able to pass an annual post offer hearing test
Add to the mix:
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32 to -22 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job