Inbound / Receiving Associate - FoodKick
When all you have is a New York minute. When life happens (the good or bad, happy or sad!). When you want to make the most of the moment. FoodKick's got your back.
We deliver just what our customers need when they need it, like quick meal hacks, chilled wine, exclusive products from local partners and fresh fill-ins. And because we're powered by FreshDirect, our customers can trust our quality and convenience.
We are currently seeking an Inbound / Receiving Associate for our Manhattan facility located in Midtown. The Inbound / Receiving Associate is responsible for all inbound activities including picking and packing of product for customer orders in the Receiving department. This position will provide consistent, accurate handling and recording of products received into the warehouse.
You relish the idea of:
- Processing all inbound deliveries quickly and accurately, using computers, RF Scanning Guns, and motorized equipment to complete all required transactions
- Scanning labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Spotting labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Applying knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Assisting in shut down procedures and special requirements
- Must be able to pass motorized equipment certification within 1 month of starting work on dock
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- No supervisory responsibility
Here's what you need:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32 to 38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12 hrs shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Machinery Experience preferred (i.e. Forklift; Cherry Picker; Hi-lo's; etc.)
- Must be able to speak English
- Must be comfortable with basic math skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
How you'll stand out in the crowd:
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FD, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.