Class “B” Mechanic
Recipe for Success – The Class “B” Mechanic is responsible to maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records
Key ingredients –
- Basic vehicle repairs such as but not limited to the repair and maintenance of Lighting system, brake systems, body & cab repairs, refrigeration units, tires, and all other mechanical repairs needed.
- Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from Team leader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Team leader for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one (1) year of Class B Mechanic experience
• Must be capable of climbing on the roof and interstitial spaces in all weather conditions to service various equipment and components as needed.
• Must have some working knowledge of machine controls (PLC, relay, AC motor drives, hydraulic, pneumatic and steam control valves including pilot and solenoid types).
• Must be willing to be trained in repairing pneumatics, hydraulics, and most mechanics involved with common industrial equipment such as drives and gear boxes.
• Responsible (with department supervisor) for ensuring that any procedures, and/or practices within the department, are being followed.
• Must be able to work as a team within the department as well as work with all personnel in the facility.
• Assist with any maintenance reporting or department paperwork as necessary.
• Must be able to communicate with Supervision, Quality Assurance and Safety.
• Must be willing and able to perform other job functions as needed.
• Must be capable and willing to learn new equipment and willing to attend schools necessary for the job.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.