User Support Supervisor
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service and high quality technical knowledge by providing direct IT support to end users by coordinating the daily work of the User Support staff. The User Support supervisor will possess a technical background, excellent communication skills as well as knowledge of IT infrastructure LAN/WAN platforms, staff monitoring and training, Service Desk support, tech writing and other related disciplines. The Supervisor will perform, teach, and monitor setup, support and advanced troubleshooting techniques of computers, software and peripherals. Must also learn and guide Service Desk staff in technical as well as business procedure. Provides analysis of Service Desk performance through reporting and metrics to Management to consistently improve on quality of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the Service Desk support staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with all technical issues as needed while providing coverage during operating hours.
- Work with Management to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insight into general support issues. Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services and overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that staff provides timely and courteous customer service to end users by reviewing Service Desk tickets, calls and emails to resolve all technical issues. Review of tickets includes assurance of detailed, accurate and timely logging by all staff of all daily interactions, and tasks, including next steps and follow-up actions. Review of all issues with troubleshooting steps performed before escalation when required. Provide staff with corrections and training when required. Must be organized, detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be hands on, with the ability to master the role of the Service Desk and staff taking control when needed.
- Analyze and identify trends in issue reporting and develop preventative solutions. Performs problem diagnosis and recommend solutions.
- Works with the Assistant Delivery Manager to evaluate the current support functions to include call flows, problem management, change management, staffing models and skill sets, and management models so that customers receive the best service possible.
- Works in partnership with IT management to develop and enforce standards and procedures with regard to hardware, software levels, telecommunications, data communications, and operation system levels, as well as the methods for maintaining their currency.
- Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected
- Ensure established IT policies are enforced and adhered to. Create, review and update documentation as assigned.
- Works with IT Management to manage hardware and software licensing and inventory.
- Responds to emergencies on a 24/7 basis as necessary.
- Train staff as well as supported employees in all areas of IT policy and procedure.
SUPERVISORY SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview, hire and train Service Desk Team
- Effectively manage employee performance through the communication of expectations and standards, along with the monitoring of performance to identify deficiencies and to allow for improvement.
- When appropriate, work with Human Resources to construct a written record of employee performance that will support any future disciplinary actions, including the decision to terminate an employee who is not contributing.
- Prepare formal performance appraisals; deliver and provide feedback, coaching and counseling; evaluate objectively, appropriately and timely.
- Maintain attendance records, at a minimum, on a monthly basis, to track employees’ time away from work and accruals.
- Review weekly timesheets for accuracy and ensure that all employees have initialed their hours.
- Effectively delegate to staff so they may assume the responsibility and authority to carry out tasks. Maintain accountability to ensure all work is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Ensure work is appropriately distributed and that all company policies and procedures are complied with and met.
- Update associates on relevant regulatory, policy and company changes.
- Motivate effectively; promote camaraderie and teamwork.
- Lead by example; act as a positive role model; display a strong work ethic.
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities as required
- College Degree in Computer Science or a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- Microsoft Certifications, HDI Certification desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 – 5 years previous supervisory experience required with demonstrated leadership qualities and interpersonal skills systems
- Experience with managing Service Desk ticketing software and Call Manager
- Knowledge of IT computer system software and hardware
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong proofreading skills
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong sense of teamwork and initiative; Motivated, focused and strong desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with accurate typing skills
- Lifting and installing workstations up to 60lbs
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer