Assistant Actuary, Capital Management
The Assistant Actuary, Capital Management is a key member of the Capital Management team working closely with actuarial staff in a dynamic and challenging environment. The Assistant Actuary, Capital Management will lead a series of projects to migrate existing valuation models to a single common valuation and projection platform in preparation for IFRS17 reporting. The role is a mix of leading a team and/or project management, hands-on model development and data analysis.The incumbent will gain exposure across a wide range of actuarial disciplines including financial modeling, solvency requirements, valuation and management reporting, insurance/annuity products and fraternal benefits analysis for both Canada and the U.S.
- Lead a team in migrating AXIS valuation models of US and Canadian subsidiary business to a single common AXIS valuation platform
- Work with the Model team to extend migrated models to a single common projection platform
- Participate in enterprise-wide project to prepare models, reporting and analytics for IFRS17 reporting
- Support the preparation and analysis of the Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Testing (LICAT) regulatory capital position and related sensitivities
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of the financial projection system
- Assist the department in analysis of various ad-hoc Capital Management issues
- Support implementation of process improvements to drive ongoing value from department reporting and analysis
- Prepare appropriate documentation consistent with professional actuarial standards and in compliance with all applicable legislation
- At the Fellowship level in the Society of Actuaries with 5 or more years experience in financial roles that would ideally include: Model Development, Financial Reporting, Earnings by Source, Dynamic Capital Adequacy Testing
- Strong Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. valuation and solvency regimes
- Proficient in the following applications: AXIS, DataLink, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SQL with experience in relational database knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, including financial products: life insurance, annuities, segregated funds, mutual funds for both Canada and the U.S.
- Knowledge of professional standards, regulatory laws, regulations and guidance issued by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, the Society of Actuaries and the American Academy of Actuaries, including standards of practice and professional standards
- Ability to present ideas and negotiate and consult through effective and clear communication with staff across multiple disciplines and at all levels, both internally and externally
- Must have highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks under tight deadline pressure
Foresters is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.