Purpose of role
The main purpose of this position is to help create compelling content that brings Foresters story to life. As Foresters evolves its current digital presence into an active marketing channel, the Content Specialist will be a key player in our storytelling efforts. A member of the Corporate Marketing team, the Content Specialist will help evolve Foresters approach to branded content as a key driver of online discoverability. This includes creating and curating content that effectively informs, educates, and drives engagement.
- Create and edit a variety of content
- Manage corporate blog and social media channels
- Explore and test new approaches in the paid, social and digital space
- Develop and manage content calendar
- Coordinate content efforts for campaigns and themed months
- Liaise with colleagues across the organization to ensure content is shared and leveraged as much as possible
- Production coordination – manage content through legal/compliance approvals, translation and delivery
- Oversee outside vendors/freelancers as key contacts in our content development efforts
- Implementing, measuring and analyzing key business metrics for engagement and conversion
- University Degree - you are a Communications, English or Journalism grad with outstanding problem solving, planning, analytical, researching, and written and oral skills.
- At least three years of experience as a creator and curator for online and offline content.
- A solid writing portfolio with both short-form and long-form content targeted at online and offline consumption.
- Proven track record creating engaging content in digital consumer space including corporate blog, social media channels and website with the ability to write in an informative and entertaining voice.
- Experience leveraging social media for lead generation.
- Strong understanding of SEM/SEO and other digital processes.
- Proven ability to produce high quality, engaging content.
- An eye for detail. Can edit both own work and that of others for grammar, format, tone, and style.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and solid project management skills.
- You excel at working independently; but are also a strong collaborator and team player.
- You value data driven decision making and are customer focused.
Foresters is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.