IT Deskside Technician- IT Operations
Purpose of role:
The IT Deskside Technician has the responsibility for technical support to end users, enterprise wide, ensuring agreed-upon IT services and service levels are fulfilled, ensuring the availability and reliability of the IT end user systems, and applications, during business hours.
This role will address and resolve issues adversely impacting the business end user community and will have the opportunity to leverage and develop technical support skills in a large corporate environment and gain exposure to a broad range of technologies. The successful candidate will thrive in their ability to directly engage with internal and external customers at all levels and support them with superior support skills and innovative solutions.
This role will regularly interface with various areas requiring deep and broad technical experience related to primarily Deskside systems needs in both infrastructure and application environments.
Regular process improvement along with cost effective innovation will be required to enable synergy within IT Deskside Support team and other IT and Business groups.
• Remote and onsite for support end user computing and mobile devices, peripherals and software
• Troubleshoot client/server communication issues, service failures • Hardware diagnostic/repair (where applicable) and re/installation
• Interface directly with customers to resolve queries and incidents
• Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC equipment
• Image Workstation for new deployments
• Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Handle and resolve Incident and Request management as prioritize by the TL IT Operations while adhering to agreed service levels agreement targets
• Maintain an excellent level of documentation and knowledge base management
• Preform Asset Management activities for all IT equipment
• Provide Asset Management reports as required weekly and Monthly to TL IT Operations
• 3-5 years experience within customer service within Information Technology
• A University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in I.T. processes, infrastructure and application within production / operation
• ITIL V3 Foundation Level Certified an asset
• Experience with end user device support within a corporate environment
• Superior problem solving and communication skills
• High customer service orientation, and the capability to manage and prioritize customer expectations.
• Work effectively in a fast paced setting with multiple customer priorities
• Demonstrable experience working in a client facing position within an ITIL context
• Ability to work unsupervised and manage time effectively
• Strong experience in the Microsoft product suite including Windows and Office/365
• Remote support/tools
• Altiris deployment and packaging
• Exchange/Active Directory/File Share management
• Strong Team player
• Professional appearance in a client facing role
• Potential after hours support and light travel
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.