Foresters Financial is a diversified financial services company that is expanding its distribution and footprint across the US. With headquarters on Wall Street, and assets under management of approximately US$11.0 billion, Foresters Financial includes a broker-dealer, asset management firm, investment advisory firm, transfer agent and a life insurance company.
Foresters Financial is growing its brand presence across the US, expanding distribution of our investment products in select wholesale channels and increasing our footprint of retail locations.
Since its founding in 1930, Foresters Financial has earned a reputation for its commitment to the long-term interests of its clients, representatives and employees. In 2011, Foresters Financial joined the Foresters group of companies. Foresters is an international financial services provider with more than three million clients and members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. From their start over 140 years ago, Foresters has helped families improve their financial well-being and make a make a difference in their communities. Almost a century-and-a-half later, this commitment still sets the Foresters group of companies apart.
Account for all daily redemption checks and Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) redemption transactions generated. Process replacement check requests, EFT service requests and Cash Management draft check orders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Account for daily redemption checks by matching each redemption check generated to the corresponding documents.
- Account for daily EFT redemption file by matching each entry listed on the daily EFT redemption file prior to transmission to the corresponding documents.
- Mail, or prepare for FedEx, redemption checks and 12-day hold checks in accordance with FIS policy ensuring that all checks in the amount of $50,000 and over have a second authorizing signature. Post trackings to document any special handling of redemption checks (e.g. Federal Express, Post Office Express, certified mail).
- Account for all fee-related checks and forward to FFS Accounting.
- Return documents upon customer request (e.g. death certificates, Letters Testamentary, trust documents).
- Prepare the weekly redemption report by utilizing information on daily mainframe reports.
- Process stop payment requests and issue replacement checks through the ARCS system and/or process manual check requests ensuring, by review, accuracy.
- Prepare the weekly replacement check report including the number of stop payments, voids, manual checks issued and the reasons for each.
- Process EFT service requests for Money Line, redemptions, dividends/capital gains and systematic withdrawals and post EFT Hotlist trackings to document requests received that are not in good order; reviewing information for accuracy.
- Process Cash Management draft check orders and review orders posted to the mainframe for accuracy,
- Account for each draft check order listed on the weekly file prior to the Data Center printing the checks.
- Prepare redemption paperwork for scanning.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Cross-train in other department functions as skill/interest/opportunity allow.
- High School Diploma required
- Some college or equivalent work experience preferred
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- No prior FIS experience required, but preferred
- Capable in Microsoft Word and Excel with data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.