Corporate Development and Strategy Analyst - Freelancer
The Analyst will play an integral role in coordinating and supporting all aspects of corporate development including M&A, joint venture, and asset acquisitions transactions for the Foresters’ Life and Annuities, and Asset Management business units. Activities include researching potential acquisition targets, conducting in-depth financial valuation analysis, deal structuring and due diligence. Given the small size of the team, the candidate must be very well-organized, self-motivated, display a strong attention to detail and have extensive financial modeling and presentation experience. This position offers significant responsibility and broad exposure to many aspects of the business. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in corporate finance and excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Assist in all aspects of merger & acquisitions activities
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to support management decisions
- Help with the coordination of cross-functional teams during due diligence, execution and integration
- Communicate results of financial analysis, research and due diligence, both verbally and in writing, to senior management
- Prepare presentation materials for senior management
- Assist in preparation of internal strategic planning presentations and analyses
- Prepare valuation, industry and competitor analyses
- Requires a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related area; MBA preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in strategic consulting, M&A,investment banking or private equity
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong collaboration, coordination and facilitation skills
- Advanced Excel skills & proficient with other Microsoft Office applications
- Most work can be done remotely however it is expected for the freelancer to come to our Wall Street office at least once a week. The freelacer is expected to be available to attend transaction meetings in person as required by the corporate development manager.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Rate of pay is $5,000 - $10,000 US per project
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.