IT Support Specialist (1-3 years experience)
Foresters Financial is a financial services firm with administrative and operations offices located in Edison, NJ and on Wall Street as well as regional sales offices located nationwide.
Responsible for being the first point-of-contact for end users requesting IT assistance throughout Foresters Financial at all locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to and resolve inbound Help Desk requests for technical assistance via phone, email and ticket system.
- Log all help desk interactions in ticket system.
- Support computers, servers, users and telecommunications systems at all locations and work closely with end users to resolve problems.
- Research, analyze and troubleshoot computer systems, desktop operating systems, networking issues and application software.
- Provide first response to reports of network outages and work with Network Administrator to resolve issues.
- Provide hardware and software installation and upgrades and ensure that networks are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses.
- Refer all unresolved technical support issues to Senior Support Specialist.
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years’ experience with computers, servers, and telecommunication systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong sense of teamwork and initiative
- Motivated, focused and strong desire to learn
- Reliable/willingness to work overtime, as needed
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.