Senior Manager, Operations
Foresters Financial is a financial services firm with administrative and operations offices located in Edison, NJ and on Wall Street as well as regional sales offices located nationwide.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the overall business and people management, providing strategic advice and recommendations to the AVP on business and resource planning, financial sustainability, risk and compliance. The Senior Manager will ensure a consistent and exceptional service experience for internal and external customers as well as lead the planning and implementation of major change initiatives for the New Business and Inforce teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Insurance Operations Plan to meet strategic goals.
- Review, assess and report the results of overall operations
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment, people management and performance; including coaching, employee recognition, employee engagement and providing opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Provide leadership to Team Leader(s) for daily business operations and coaching of their team members.
- Actively handle customer escalations to include root cause analysis, remediation, mitigation activities and solutions.
- Manage and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all business functions are fully integrated and support business goals.
- Implement training initiatives and other activities that contribute to effective and efficient operational management and the overall fulfillment of the strategic goals.
- Support business projects and initiatives and lead multiple concurrent transformation efforts for the functions supported.
- Implement change management strategies and plans to maximize employee adoption and the achievement of planned results.
- Prepare, manage and forecast departmental budget.
- Understand team dynamics; build strong, productive and cohesive teams.
- Establish and maintain robust operating procedures and controls consistent with the Company’s policies and objectives and ensure execution.
- Bachelors’ degree in business management or related field preferred
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in a leadership role with demonstrated success in operational management, preferably within the insurance / financial services industry.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong people leadership skills with the proven ability to create and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to work in a multi-product / multi-platform environment
- Proven track record of performance management and successful team development
- Collaborative management style is required
- Proven ability to lead and implement process improvement efforts
- Ability to make business decisions on escalations and on complex cases
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines and manage competing priorities within a small team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to balance on-going change and lead by example.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to identify and report on business trends and initiatives.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Industry designations preferred but not required (e.g. LOMA programs)
- Demonstrated ability to understand the vision of the department and translate it into action and incorporate it into the day-to-day operations by ensuring that service and quality objectives are being attained and maintained on a consistent basis.
Hours of Operation:
- The role requires flexibility with working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Flexibility for periodic weekend shifts and statutory holidays may also be required to support changing conditions, customer demand, and business needs.
- Travel may be required to Foresters Financial in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.