B2B Writer (4-6 month contract)
Purpose of role:
The B2B Writer position will play a key role within Marketing and will be responsible for creating life insurance product, sales and operational content to support marketing and sales strategies within Foresters Financial. This role will work closely with business stakeholders such as Sales, Product, Operations, Corporate and Membership Marketing. The B2B Writer will ensure that produced copy properly positions Foresters Financial within the marketplace and supports tactical marketing activities. Note that this is a 4-6 month contract.
These would include (but not be limited to):
- Creation of distributor targeted materials – brochures, flyers, pitch books, sale strategies, emails, scripts, etc.
- Creation of consumer materials for agents to use with their clients
- Contribution to the articulation and execution of future content strategies.
Day to day activities include (but not limited to):
- Collaborating with internal partners, and gathering writing requirements from business stakeholders to develop content pieces.
- Help planning, developing and managing the production of marketing collateral for email, print, video and other digital properties.
- Oversee content updates of existing materials, including stakeholder, legal and compliance reviews, editing, proofing, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and seminars.
- Ensure content quality consistently meets or exceeds expectations of key internal and external stakeholders
This role requires a full understanding how a brand and its representation permeates throughout all marketing collateral and client interactions/experience. The B2B Content Writer will be required to effectively collaborate with other members of the Marketing team, business stakeholders located in Canada and in the USA, outside agencies as well as assigned freelance writers and graphic designers.
The incumbent will be expected to – quickly learn and understand all aspects of Foresters Financial distribution strategies, life insurance, annuities and product strategies and work with all areas within Foresters Financial to optimally position our organization, brand, capabilities and products to the market place through various mediums.
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Risk based decision making: ability to seek additional information, weighing alternatives and recommending the most appropriate course of action when problems or opportunities are identified.
- Team work and collaboration: ability to work cooperatively with others and encourage discussions constructively and respectfully.
- Adaptability: ability to change approach, make modifications and demonstrate resiliency based on shifting priorities and/or new information.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and follow-up effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong proofreading skills
- Strong research, organizational skills.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic understanding of marketing trends and analytics a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe Pro
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.