Actuarial Assistant (4-month contract)
Foresters is seeking an Actuarial Assistant to join our Capital Management team. This is a 4-month commitment. As the successful candidate, you will work closely with actuarial staff in a dynamic and challenging environment.
You will gain exposure across a wide range of actuarial disciplines including financial modeling, business planning, valuation, management reporting, and insurance product analysis for both Canada and the U.S. You will gain experience working with comprehensive financial modelling systems that utilize a variety of actuarial, spreadsheet, database, and reporting software.
- Support the preparation and analysis of scheduled projection deliverables: 5-year Business Plan .
- Support the implementation of process improvements to drive ongoing value from department reporting and analysis.
- Currently writing Society of Actuaries exams with the intention of achieving the FSA & FCIA designations.
- Ability to take initiative to improve processes.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to move a process from start to finish.
- Innovative, resourceful with exceptional technical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of various computer systems. These include the business modeling and valuation system (e.g. AXIS), Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel), databases (e.g. SQL Server), and database tools (e.g. SSMS).
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks under tight deadline pressure.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
Foresters is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.