Insurance Operations Analyst
Purpose of role
Working closely with business teams and stakeholders, the Insurance Operations Analyst supports projects and initiatives; developing associated procedural documentation and facilitating required training. These projects and initiatives include but are not limited to system introductions and enhancements, product launches, process redesign, procedural documentation, employee training and communications.
The role requires individual contributions with the ability to facilitate meetings, training and workshops. The Insurance Operations Analyst is accountable for assigning tasks and holding leaders and business partners accountable for delivery on the action items; this requires confidence, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Assists in the identification of change impact (current state vs. new state) through requirements gathering, process mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Collaborates with business and technical teams to define business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services and optimized processes under the direction of the Business Stakeholder(s) or Manager in order to meet business objectives
- Manages projects and initiatives to keep schedule/progress on track and with intended results
- Identifies best practice opportunities to ensure optimum time management, effective and compliant processes to provide service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Manages the documentation of all Insurance Operations policies, procedures, processes, functions, and systems
- Identifies potential risk situations/ impacts, and makes recommendations or escalates to the manager and/or senior members of the team.
- Provides information to business teams, leadership, regulatory bodies, internal and external auditors as appropriate
- Consistently displays the knowledge, skills behaviors and attitudes reflective of a high performing business unit.
- Takes the lead on training initiatives for all stakeholder groups by developing, designing and facilitating training, materials, job aids and supporting Insurance Operations as required. Various training methods must be considered including e-learning, webinars, instructor lead, etc.
- Supports the delivery of exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Aligns individual performance goals to Manager’s and organizational goals.
- Ensures strict confidentiality is maintained where required.
- Proactively supports the Senior Insurance Operations Analysts and Insurance Operations with analysis, investigations, feedback and potential challenges.
- University degree, College diploma or equivalent work experience: 2-3 years of financial services experience, with a focus on business process, learning and communications
- Lean Six Sigma
- Proficiency in customer journey and process mapping
- Knowledge of Insurance Operations processes and rules governing life insurance contracts in Canada and the US, with prior or existing working experience in the US or Canadian Brokerage Markets
- Experience designing and delivering adult education including creation of e-learning and web based material
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in the processing of Foresters Financial Inforce business such as Cancellations, Disbursements, Policy & Payment Changes on Vantage and/or USSI is an asset
- Prior experience in project work including knowledge of project management methodology
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multi-task, and respond to constantly changing business needs and schedules
- Working experience with MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to explain complex scenarios/processes to beginners.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with business and technical teams
- Strong ability to work effectively and productively with little or no supervision
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.