Clerk (General Securities Unit)
Foresters Financial is a financial services firm with administrative and operations offices located in Edison, NJ and on Wall Street as well as regional sales offices located nationwide.
This position is responsible for completing various administrative duties such as compiling department statistic reports, generating reports from Pershing’s system (“NetX360”), completing brokerage or advisory account updates to either FFS Mainframe or NetX360, and work with clearing firm’s contacts and our sales force as needed.
Daily use of the following systems/software: Pershing’s NetX360, FFS Mainframe system, Docupace, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Access Databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly statistics reports for management using (but not limited to) NetX360, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access Databases.
- Linking newly established brokerage and advisory accounts on NetX360 to FFS Mainframe.
- Utilize Docupace to retrieve, review and process advisory account service forms into FFS Mainframe system.
- Update address and representative changes to brokerage and advisory accounts on NetX360.
- Drafting and sending Welcome letters to new brokerage and advisory clients.
- Process Master Account Agreements to FFS Mainframe and GSU Brokerage Applications to NetX360.
- Process advisory account householding requests.
- Process electronic delivery requests.
- Research client mail that is returned from the post office to obtain updated address.
- Communicate with the sales force via telephone, E*Ticket system or Docupace for any necessary clarification and/or follow-up and document for record keeping.
- Log incoming mail from outside sources, process or respond to requests and update the mail log system accordingly.
- Review items that cannot be processed with Supervisor.
- Scan account documents to Image on Demand system or Docupace as needed.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly statistics reports for management.
- Complete various projects, as assigned.
- Learn other functions in the area and cross-train when possible.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- College preferred
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with accurate data entry skills; Access knowledge a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong telephone skills with professional and pleasant phone manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, deadline-driven team environment while being detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Reliable/willingness to work overtime, as needed
- Motivated, focused and strong desire to learn and grow in the Company
- Lifting of and carrying office files of up to 35 pounds
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.