Role title:Reinstatement Specialist
Hiring manager:Manager, Annuities, Reinstatements & Payment Services
Posting period:May 12, 2017- May 29, 2017
The Reinstatement Specialist will administer and maintain all changes related to pending lapse/reinstatements for both U.S. and Canadian marketplace. The role requires the individual to handle both inbound/outbound calls and administrative work simultaneously.
Our customer service approach will be achieved through our dedication to service, our focus on performance and our commitment to personal accountability.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Assign a high priority to customer service excellence and understands the value of customer satisfaction in driving success
- Take ownership and responsibility for resolving customer concerns with every interaction
- Demonstrate leadership, model customer service values and drive quality and process optimization
- Display high energy, passion and a positive attitude
- Meet tight timelines under pressure while delivering quality service
- Continuously learn about customers, their priorities and their expectations
- Be flexible, personally embrace change and commit to continuous learning
- Support the organization’s key priorities
- Own the results, share work experiences and willingly seek and accept personal accountability
- Answer inbound service related calls from internal/external customers and producers and investigate complex inquiries
- Manage, organize and update relevant data and information into the respective administration system (e.g. reinstating lapsed certificates, applying payments to pending lapse etc.)
- Liaise with the Underwriting team and Product Solutions Group, to resolve issues and to research and validate requirements and product information.
- Assess product guidelines to ensure changes meet legislative and corporate requirements.
- Communicate and correspond with members/producers regarding requirements and reinstatement quotes
- Proficient use of on line applications (e.g. ordering of underwriting requirements and MIB searches)
- Achieve or improve on established SLA‘s, identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Assist and support other team members as required during vacation, absences and peak workload periods.
NOTE: Must be available to work rotating shifts between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm, and provide coverage on some Canadian Statutory holidays.
- High functioning knowledge of CRM, File Nexus and all Foresters legacy systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Insurance contracts, practices and products
- Knowledge and understanding of Compliance regulations/guidelines/contract. (e.g. audit, authorization requirements) is an asset.
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude and strong data analysis skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to balance high productivity with superior quality.
- Ability to manage daily workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize workload as required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of any errors to ensure resolution.
- Must be able to work independently, with little supervision in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Excel.
- Bilingual (French or Spanish) is an asset
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.