Portfolio Coordinator (6 month contract)
Purpose of role
Reporting to the AVP, Portfolio Management & IT Strategic Initiatives, the Project Portfolio Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the Intake Administration (i.e. administration and coordination of new initiatives/work requests).
This position will play a key role in the development and reporting of portfolio metrics, management of information and inter-departmental communications.
• Coordinate the process of estimating the time and cost of new initiatives (Intake) including, but not limited to:
o Receive and record new requests for multiple departments
o Manage the intake queue and related documentation
o Coordinate the estimation process by obtaining estimates as needed from IT departments and vendors
o Track and monitor intake items and ensure estimates and requests are procured in a timely manner as per documented guidelines
o Consolidate individual estimates into an overall Order of Magnitude estimate for each request
o Publish and communicate the status of intakes and related action items
o Follow up on action items
o Respond to inquiries from the requestors or other stakeholders
o Communicate the final estimates to the requestors
• Performs various IT Intake administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and performing maintenance of tracking logs using MS Sharepoint and Excel
• Participate and assist in the development of regular IT Project Portfolio Reporting and Metrics
• Update/maintain process documentation
• Consolidate and complete weekly, monthly and ad-hoc portfolio reporting, including review of project status, health and key performance metrics
• Manage the Project Portfolio Updates and related reporting
• Own the creation and distribution of Portfolio Management Meeting Agendas and Minutes
• Responsible for the elicitation, tracking, and interpretation of project portfolio data and information, and for providing recommendations for improvement or correction
• University Degree in a relevant field or equivalent Project Management experience.
• PMP/CAPM designation an asset
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a project management office role or similar
• Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) an asset
• Accuracy/Attention to Detail-Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Strong Communications-Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally
• Interpersonal relationships-Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Written Communications-Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
• Ability to effectively work under tight timelines, prioritize deliverables to ensure deadlines are met and respond to constantly changing needs and priorities
• Ability to prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Strong organization skills
• Proactive and motivated individual who will take the initiative to get things done.
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.