General Securities Unit Associate (Entry Level)
Foresters Financial is a financial services firm with administrative and operations offices located in Edison, NJ and on Wall Street as well as regional sales offices located nationwide.
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is responsible for completing various administrative duties such as reviewing brokerage account paperwork, compiling reports, working with clearing firm’s contacts, working with FFS Representatives and Investment Advisors to process GSU brokerage and advisory client account paperwork transaction requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries (moderate volume) regarding GSU customer accounts and policies and procedures of Advisory and/or Retail business.
- Comply with standard operating procedures: verifying callers identity; assuring proper documents are on file prior to or faxed over before processing transaction or accepting trades; verifying Representatives/Investment Advisors are properly licensed prior to processing transactions; etc.
- Utilize Docupace to retrieve, review and process requests from the sales offices.
- Log incoming mail and update accordingly from outside sources.
- Code ARF and ASF forms to Mainframe.
- Scan account documents to Image on Demand system or Docupace as needed.
- Research account paperwork and transaction requests by communicating with the sales force via telephone, Docupace and E*Ticket system for any necessary clarification and/or follow-up and document for record keeping.
- Review and post Master Account Agreements to Mainframe.
- Review and post GSU Brokerage Applications to Pershing’s NetX application.
- Initiate ACATs, review incoming funds/securities and process checks in and out of brokerage accounts.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly statistics reports for management.
- Review items that cannot be processed with Supervisor.
- Complete various projects, as assigned.
- Learn other functions in the area and cross-train when possible.
- Willing to work either 8:30-4:30, 9-5 or 10-6 shifts (with overtime as needed).
- Obtain the FINRA Series 11 Security License within the first three months of being provided with training material. Once Series 11 license is obtained the Associate will be promoted to GSU Securities Service Representative
- College preferred
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with accurate data entry skills; Access knowledge a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities
- Strong telephone skills with professional and pleasant phone manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, deadline-driven team environment while being detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Reliable/willingness to work overtime, as needed (before 9:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m.)
- Motivated, focused and strong desire to learn and grow in the Company
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.