Contracting Administrator (1-year contract)
The Contracting Administrator is accountable for ensuring that producers and up-line management in all distribution channels are contracted and licensed promptly, as per established guidelines and service levels, in accordance with provincial and state laws. To provide customer service at established service levels to the various distribution channels by accurately answering questions and/or resolving contracting and licensing inquiries.
- Administration of contracting and licensing for all distribution channels, ensuring that all producers and up-line management are properly contracted, licensed and appointed, where applicable with state and/or provincial insurance departments.
- Responsible for processing of new producer and up-line management contracting packages.
- Review contracting package for completeness, following up on outstanding contractual requirements.
- Administer, review & adjudicate background checks within established approval guidelines, communicating with producer when necessary to obtain clarification regarding financial or criminal aspects on the background check report; make recommendation for exceptions or declines where appropriate.
- Process state appointments for producers and up-line management which permits them to sell for Foresters.
- Add and maintain accurate producer and up-line personal, contracting & licensing information on all applicable systems.
- When advised, process producer and up-line terminations on the systems, ensuring that the appropriate state/province is properly notified.
- Respond to and ensure efficient & accurate resolution to daily telephone and email inquiries pertaining to contracting and licensing issues, meeting established service level standards.
- Track and notify the producer and up-line regarding expiring licenses and update appropriate systems as necessary with new information.
- Track and notify the producer and up-line regarding expiring errors and omissions coverage and update system as necessary with new information.
- Provide customer service support through our dedicated 1-800 line. Phone support required on schedule and rotational basis.
- Post secondary diploma in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- French written and verbal skills would be considered an asset.
- Requires strong ability to multi-task under pressure and time constraints to meet various deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail.
- Able to respond to constantly changing needs and schedules and to organize and prioritize workload.
- Decisive with good judgment/decision-making skills to act effectively in resolving contracting & licensing issues.
- Knowledge of producer and up-line contracting for both Canada and the US is an asset.
- Requires well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accurate keyboarding skills with good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of FASAT and FASAT web systems would be an asset.
- Ability to work within the hours of Insurance Operations (8:00am – 8:00pm).
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.