Team Leader (Inforce Services)
Foresters Financial is a diversified financial services company that is expanding its distribution and footprint across the US. With headquarters on Wall Street, and assets under management of approximately US$11.0 billion, Foresters Financial includes a broker-dealer, asset management firm, investment advisory firm, transfer agent and a life insurance company.
Foresters Financial is growing its brand presence across the US, expanding distribution of our investment products in select wholesale channels and increasing our footprint of retail locations.
Since its founding in 1930, Foresters Financial has earned a reputation for its commitment to the long-term interests of its clients, representatives and employees. In 2011, Foresters Financial joined the Foresters group of companies. Foresters is an international financial services provider with more than three million clients and members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. From their start over 140 years ago, Foresters has helped families improve their financial well-being and make a make a difference in their communities. Almost a century-and-a-half later, this commitment still sets the Foresters group of companies apart.
The Team Leader, Insurance Operations, Inforce, is accountable for achieving the required business results through effective process, workflow, and quality management. The Team Leader will ensure a consistent and exceptional service experience for internal and external customers by ensuring the front line employees are motivated, coached, and skilled to meet the department’s performance targets. The incumbent will have input to the Manager’s accountabilities as it relates to performance reviews, daily coaching and team development and will play a key role in supporting the implementation of major change initiatives. Service delivery will consist of operational efficiency with a focus on enhancing the customer experience and relationship with Foresters Financial.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Build, manage, and sustain a high performing production team, including inbound calls, ensuring that service and quality objectives are being attained and maintained on a consistent basis.
- Ensure team members are trained and fully competent in all the required functions and company approved technologies and tools to effectively assist, support, and resolve all customer inquiries.
- Manage workflow ensuring SLA and quality standards are achieved.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the staff to develop their competencies and position them for success.
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Support a positive, motivating work environment that values the people and encourages participation, creativity, learning, and accountability.
- Consistently display the knowledge, skills, behaviors and attitudes reflective of a high performing business unit with a diverse workforce.
- Initiate and implement process recommendations, with appropriate approvals. Act as a change sponsor to ensure successful implementation of new processes, procedures, systems, etc. Facilitate feedback from team members to one-up Manager.
- Proactively support the Leadership Team with required reports, summaries, investigations, feedback, and potential challenges.
- Effectively liaise and negotiate with other business units to resolve and enhance customer service expectations and business deliverables.
- Collaborate with other leaders and staff to ensure that all functions are fully integrated and are in accordance with the Company’s goals and objectives, ensuring that all SLA’s are met and/or exceeded, and to resolve issues and challenges.
- Proactively support the Leadership Team with required reports, summaries, investigations, feedback, and potential challenges. Effectively liaise and negotiate with other business units to resolve and enhance customer service expectations and business deliverables.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory leadership experience, preferably within the insurance / financial services industry
- Strong people leadership skills with the proven ability to coach and mentor front line employees and to create high performing teams through effective employee selection, motivation, and performance management techniques / programs.
- In depth product, system, and regulatory knowledge with proven ability to adapt and implement on-going changes, ensuring seamless transition to the customer.
- Strong sense of personal accountability, mature judgment, confidence, and flexibility. Ability to exercise independent discretion at all times.
- Well developed and creative problem solving and analytical skills to identify and report on team’s progress, business trends, initiatives, customer and employee issues, including the ability to identify problems in their early stages and solve by analyzing options and developing alternative solutions.
- Must have the initiative and ability to look for and champion improvement opportunities. Adaptable to on-going change and lead by example.
- A “take charge” attitude along with the ability to self-manage workload and priorities in a changing and evolving environment. This includes effective time management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and work of others; can work effectively under pressure and time constraints within a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Advanced verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and customers.
- Understand the implications of data input, content, and quality to all systems, departments, and end customers.
- Takes initiative to increase knowledge of Foresters Financial business and how own job contributes to our corporate and departmental objectives. Applies this knowledge to be productive and successful.
- Advanced level proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel).
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.