Marketing Specialist (Investments, NY or NJ)
Foresters Investment Management Company Inc. (FIMCO), is a US investment management company that offers actively managed mutual funds, First Investors Funds, across various asset classes. The First Investors Funds are distributed by Foresters Financial Services, Inc. through intermediaries, institutional and retail channels. Foresters Investment Management Company’s parent organization is Foresters Financial™, an international financial services provider, with a history of more than 140 years, located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and total funds under management of $44 billion.
The Marketing team develops and implements the marketing message for the First Investors Funds. The Marketing Specialist will participate in the development of strategic marketing plans, project manage the execution of these plans, and participate in the development of content and materials that support the business and sales goals. This may include new product launches, positioning and re-positioning existing products in the marketplace, and developing materials to garner new and maintain existing assets. The individual in this role will be an advocate for, and effectively communicate, the First Investors Funds brand to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute investment and product marketing content for Foresters Investment Management Company, Inc.
- Project manages the development and execution of existing marketing materials to include standard quarterly materials and creation of new materials.
- Project manages the execution of marketing campaigns to align with broader marketing initiatives and provide regular status.
- Recognize and promote the strategic positioning of the First Investors Funds through all marketing channels.
- Work closely with internal departments to develop and implement marketing campaign plans targeted to financial advisors, broker/dealers and investors.
- Coordinate legal and compliance reviews of marketing materials.
- Coordinate email campaigns in collaboration with Writer and Design.
- Track metrics from campaigns and recommend improvements.
- Perform competitor and market research to understand industry and competitive trends to identify opportunities for First Investors Funds.
- Support senior-level colleagues on assigned projects, maintaining timely systems and procedures to ensure accurate status and budget reporting.
- Complete ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial services with an emphasis on product marketing. Asset management industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of asset classes and investment concepts, including the ability to apply those concepts to the development of product stories, content, and materials.
- Strong project-management skills with demonstrated proficiency driving projects from start to finish. This includes establishing roles and responsibilities, defining and measuring project milestones, and tracking and communicating progress to business partners.
- Knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations related to retail, institutional Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisor advertising and communication
- Exposure to marketing to multiple client types (e.g. intermediary, retail, institutional, and RIA).
- Experience implementing and optimizing marketing across digital and traditional media including, but not limited to print, email, social media, and video.
- Preference for working in a small team within an agile and fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional level of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to develop and execute product or educational/value-add materials for a variety of audiences and mediums
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in business, economics, marketing, or communications.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 preferred.
Location: Wall St or Edison, NJ
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer