Charlotte Financial Services Internship Spring 2018 Internship
Components of the Program
- Attend weekly intern class/conference calls that cover a different financial concept each week of the program, complemented by homework assignments that reinforce the material.
- Observe office training classes, taught by office management, for new Representatives in which participants work together to come up with solutions for upcoming client cases and learn about advanced topics.
- Learn about Foresters and the member benefits and community programs offered. Each year Foresters organizes thousands of member volunteer activities, providing financial support and hands-on volunteerism in support of various charitable partners. These programs make a meaningful and lasting impact on the communities where we live and work.
- Work on a mock client project throughout the internship, using knowledge gained in classes to put together recommendations and illustrations for hypothetical clients.
- Present the results of the mock client project to the intern class at the end of the program, demonstrating the level of knowledge and understanding gained throughout the duration of the internship.
This is an unpaid internship designed to be strictly educational for the interns involved. The program lasts 10-11 weeks, with an expected 8-10 hour commitment per week.
The intern may earn course credit if the school allows. None of the activities involved in the internship are for the profit or financial benefit of the company (i.e., no administrative work, prospecting, calling, etc.). Interns are not guaranteed to receive a position with Foresters Financial at the completion of the internship program