Compliance Analyst (5-7 yrs experience)
Foresters Financial is a diversified financial services company that is expanding its distribution and footprint across the US. With headquarters on Wall Street, and assets under management of approximately US$11.0 billion, Foresters Financial includes a broker-dealer, asset management firm, investment advisory firm, transfer agent and a life insurance company.
Foresters Financial is growing its brand presence across the US, expanding distribution of our investment products in select wholesale channels and increasing our footprint of retail locations.
Since its founding in 1930, Foresters Financial has earned a reputation for its commitment to the long-term interests of its clients, representatives and employees. In 2011, Foresters Financial joined the Foresters group of companies. Foresters is an international financial services provider with more than three million clients and members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. From their start over 140 years ago, Foresters has helped families improve their financial well-being and make a make a difference in their communities. Almost a century-and-a-half later, this commitment still sets the Foresters group of companies apart.
This position is responsible for providing direction and support to business areas and distribution partners on regulatory compliance which includes the review, interpretation and analysis of North American life insurance and annuity regulations.
This position is also responsible for ensuring that the organization has appropriate systems of controls in place (review and ongoing monitoring of business procedures) and is compliant with regulations concerning the sales of life insurance and annuities in North America.
This role will require some travel between the Edison and New York offices, and occasionally to Foresters Financial Home Office in Toronto, Canada.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify, review, interpret, analyze, monitor, report and communicate legislative, regulatory, requirements and trends that may impact Foresters business to appropriate business leads.
- Report, escalate and follow up on compliance issues with AVP, Compliance Officer, strategic business units and senior leaders.
- Participate on corporate/business unit projects, as North America Compliance Representative.
- Manage advertising review process, including reviewing material as required, tracking and reporting (coordinate with Foresters Financial Holding Company).
- Oversight of Compliance plan and complete Compliance filings as required.
- Day-to-day Compliance contact (internal audits/risk assessments, privacy incidents, etc.)
- Manage quarterly compliance certification in preparation for Board reports (conduct quarterly meetings with the business).
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent experience. LOMA or other industry accreditation would be an asset.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 5-7 years demonstrated success in a Compliance or Legal role in a financial services organization.
- Must have North American regulatory knowledge with a demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements and ability to analyze and interpret legislation related to life insurance and annuity business. FINRA licenses (series 24 and 26) would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, team and customer service skills to be able to interact and build relationships with all levels of staff including senior management.
- Offers creative, innovative solutions and advice on compliance issues to satisfy stakeholder deliverables while maintaining the high standards of market conduct and compliance.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to collect interpret and analyze data to identify and assess potential or existing compliance issues.
- Highly proactive attitude and use of initiative and independent judgment.
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.