Twin Cities Branch Manager
Foresters Financial is a diversified financial services company that is expanding its distribution and footprint across the US. With headquarters on Wall Street, and assets under management of approximately US$11.0 billion, Foresters Financial includes a broker-dealer, asset management firm, investment advisory firm, transfer agent and a life insurance company.
Foresters Financial is growing its brand presence across the US, expanding distribution of our investment products in select wholesale channels and increasing our footprint of retail locations.
Since its founding in 1930, Foresters Financial has earned a reputation for its commitment to the long-term interests of its clients, representatives and employees. In 2011, Foresters Financial joined the Foresters group of companies. Foresters is an international financial services provider with more than three million clients and members in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. From their start over 140 years ago, Foresters has helped families improve their financial well-being and make a make a difference in their communities. Almost a century-and-a-half later, this commitment still sets the Foresters group of companies apart.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the execution of sales growth and the attainment of business plan goals within the office. This role also drives recruitment activity to ensure the effective hiring of new employee representatives while being accessible to independent producers as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, in consultation with the Regional Sales Director, an annual business plan and monitor through provided reports/data.
- Accountable for monitoring and reporting office expenses and managing to annual business plan goals.
- Increase sales volume, client acquisition and assets under management within the office.
- Handle/oversee administration, operations and project management of office.
- Utilize a variety of avenues (e.g., career fairs, internet resources, association meetings, etc.) to source, identify, recruit and interview qualified candidates for the employee representative role. Conduct new representative orientations.
- Coach and mentor new employee representatives in order to help them achieve sales results and grow their books of business. Conduct ride-a-longs, role-playing and other hands-on coaching activities.
- Effectively manage employee representatives by communicating expectations and standards to achieve or exceed individual and office sales goals. Address performance deficiencies and coach for improvement.
- Be accessible to independent producers to provide product information, marketing ideas, and guidance as requested.
- Ensure that branch office Compliance examination deficiencies are corrected and supervisory guidelines are being met.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Executive Vice President and Regional Sales Director for debriefings of sales activity and updates.
- Attend semi-annual and annual manager meetings to stay abreast of all Foresters Financial initiatives and engagements.
- College degree preferred
- Series 7, 24, 51,63, 65 and Life and Health licenses
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous financial services sales management experience preferred
- Knowledge of advanced sales concepts and financial services market
- Proven record demonstrating the ability to hire and train successful sales professionals/leaders as well as build and manage strong relationships
- Familiarity with budgets and Profit and Loss statements
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong proofreading skills
- Strong research, organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with accurate typing skills
- Office and outside venues
Foresters Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.