Internal Wholesaler / Inside Sales Representative
About Foresters Financial
Foresters Financial has a dual objective; the first centered on the well-being of family and community; and, the second business-oriented. Foresters Financial is an international financial services provider with a unique history that began in 1874 when Foresters Financial set out to provide access to life insurance for average working families. More than 140 years later, Foresters Financial provides investment, life insurance, retirement and savings solutions that help families achieve their long-term financial goals. During this time, Foresters Financial has remained steadfast in its commitment to help improve family well-being and, each year, Foresters Financial invests millions to support causes that enrich the lives of families and communities.
Purpose of role
The Internal Wholesaler's primary function is to drive sales via inbound and outbound phones calls in an effort to generate sales of Foresters Financial products across multiple distribution channels. This is a blended role with a combination of inbound calls from agents inquiring on our product offerings and proactive outbound sales calls to appointed agents. The position requires an extremely motivated, ambitious and competitive person who works well in a fast- paced sales desk environment.
- Provide pre-sale and marketing support of Foresters Financial products across all business lines in an effort to drive sales.
- Educate and sell the benefits of Foresters Financial products and Member Benefits.
- Work with agents to identify client needs and recommend product offerings and marketing strategies.
- Support and execute on all sales & marketing initiatives and corporate strategies as set by management.
- Expected to meet all core call related metrics as set forth by management.
- Utilize systems, technology and tools to track activities and profile agent data in effort to expand reach of product distribution.
- Develop and enhance personal industry and product knowledge to effectively communicate and build credibility with agents.
- Maintain a proactive and supportive relationship with sales, marketing, operations teams, and all internal partners.
- Provide daily/weekly feedback on sales related activity.
- Represent Foresters in a professional manner to all internal/external customers both on the telephone and through attendance at selected events.
- Make sound business decisions in terms of prioritizing and managing workload to ensure completion.
- Adhere to the rules and practices set forth by Compliance.
- A minimum of one year experience in a sales profession or financial services industry
- Knowledge of life insurance industry products and services preferred
- Industry designations and the attainment of a Life license is required within the first 90 days of employment
- Strong sales ability along with effective telephone and customer relationship building skills
- Ability to self-manage workload volumes to achieve or exceed goals and changing priorities in a team environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; effective written and listening skills
- Strong telephone presence and proven ability to influence
- Advanced computer skills: multiple screen navigation, multi-tasking, accurate keyboarding skills (quick 35 wpm), Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and communicate complex information while keyboarding in order to meet customer expectations
- Strong results-oriented focus, strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Well developed problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to absorb and diffuse customer emotions
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and resourcefulness
Hours of Operation:
- The role is based in our Minneapolis office and requires working rotating shifts between 7:30am and 6:00pm (CST), Monday to Friday. Hours of operation could change and requires flexibility.
- Flexibility regarding hours of work is required due to changing conditions, call volumes and business needs.
Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.