Senior Accountant, North American Asset Management (NAAM)
Purpose of role
This position is responsible for corporate accounting and financial reporting activity related to NAAM (FAMI and FFIMCO) business. The individual will provide a review of trust accounting, support for fund accounting and will facilitate fund reporting and tax filings.
This role will be located in downtown Toronto.
- Record general ledger activity for specific NAAM CD legal entities
- Prepare MD&A as part of the quarterly close
- Prepare year-end financial statements
- Regulatory reporting; Trust accounting oversight including MRFP and Financial Statements, Financial Statement note analysis for third party clients, and Audit liaison
- Management accounting – budgeting, forecasting, accruals, expense management, Monthly P&L and balance sheet
- Fund Accounting responsibility; validation and creation of fund and portfolio analysis, Validation of external performance and fund profile data (MRFPs, Financial Statements, Fund profiles, etc.)
- Sales reporting and tracking, plus AUM & Fund Flows
- Provide support for fund accounting and facilitate fund reporting and tax filings
- Review and reconcile daily trust accounting from TPA
- Provide ad hoc analytic support to NAAM CFO
- Report on investment activity and positions
- University degree in Business and professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or equivalent financial experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services (asset management / mutual funds industry experience).
- Effective communication skills, including strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to establish effective partnering relationships cross functionally within the Division and across the organization.
- Comfortable working independently to solve problems/achieve goals, seek advice of others proactively, including best practices in the industry.
Foresters is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.