Assistant Service Director
Forest Lawn’s dedicated Funeral Service Department is seeking a friendly individual with a professional demeanor to become a part of the team that has the privilege of having daily face-to-face contact with the families we serve. Our Service Directors are in charge of directing funeral and memorial services, prayer vigils and overseeing visitations. This position also aids in directing public events and various day-to-day activities.
If you enjoy meeting people from all walks of life, helping those in a time of need and offering professional service outside of a traditional office environment, this is a great opportunity to do so and learn all about this industry from the best.
- Minimum of two years in a previous mortuary/ funeral service position, preferably as a Funeral Service Director.
- Bilingual- Spanish is required
- Must have a caring and professional demeanor and enjoy helping families at a difficult time.
- Should possess excellent public speaking skills.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 100lbs.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Free Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Cash Balance Retirement Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Absence Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program