Guest Services Specialist I
- Represents Forest Lawn in a courteous and professional manner
- Prepare and ensure that the lobby and surrounding area are clean, secure, and well maintained for client families. If area requires attention, will contact appropriate department.
- Serves families or visitors promptly and professionally with compassion
- Knowledge of the nature of daily appointments and client families/visitors expected to come into the lobby.
- Ability to qualify client family inquiries to determine if a family is At-Need, Pre-Need, Illness or has another need and then direct to the appropriate department
- Handle concerns from client families and visitors with respect, professionalism, and able to identify the appropriate person or avenue to resolve the concern.
- Receives and appropriate documents receipt of clothing, jewelry, or personal effects from a client family.
- Understands and respects the nature of our business
- Stays abreast of Forest Lawn public and employee events occurring within the location.
- Knowledge of the park and facilities of the park
- Knowledge of ADA accessible areas within the park
- Knowledge of the departments and personnel within the park
- Answers client families’ questions relating to funeral arrangements, products and services.
- Escorts client family to designated arrangement room and monitors the wait time.
- Serves hot and cold drinks to families – makes coffee and provides water from the refrigerator as necessary. Serves cookies or other items to the client family.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns
- Ability to take a payment on behalf of the Flower Shop
- Comfortable being present in a visitation room or chapel with a decedent
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous customer service and/or reception experience of 2-3 years required
- PC Literate; have basic knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Bilingual Spanish, Mandarin, or Armenian preferred
- Proficient and effective written and oral communication
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Maintain confidentiality of all material and data handled by the department
Because of the need to provide service to our families seven days a week, the schedule includes every other weekend and some holidays. Guest Services Specialist are provided a professional uniform that includes a blazer, skirt/pants and blouse. We also provide dry cleaning.
We Offer an Outstanding Compensation and Benefits Package, Which Includes:
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Paid Absence Plan
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with a matching contribution plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement