We are looking for a highly motivated Sr.Revenue Analyst to play a key role within the Company’s Accounting and Finance functions. This highly visible position will be a focal point for ensuring the accurate reporting of revenue and accounting data. The position will report to the Revenue Manager and will be instrumental in driving various system and business process improvements within our rapidly growing Company.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Refining processes to accelerate the quarterly close under the new revenue recognition standards (ASC 606)
- Assisting in the implementation of and compliance with internal controls surrounding revenue recognition to ensure SOX 404 compliance.
- Utilizing RevPro 3.0 (automated revenue tool) to perform revenue close processes.
- Driving the implementation of Revpro 3.0 updates/upgrades within a SOX compliant environment
- Helping to manage the worldwide revenue close processes to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s revenue recognition policies.
- Participating in month-end close deliverables including review and verify the accuracy of journal entries, revenue accruals and account reconciliations.
- Reviewing sales contracts and purchase orders for potential revenue recognition issues and compliance with internal policies and US GAAP.
- Partnering with various business groups on non-standard customer contract negotiations and revenue recognition assessments.
- Assisting in the creation, implementation and compliance of revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Researching and preparing written technical accounting policies and positions on an as-needed basis for non-standard revenue transactions.
- Supporting the Company in its evolution and expansion of the company’s routes to market (product and service offerings, pricing and sales channels).
- Partnering with the Finance team on the revenue forecasting process to evolve it to a scalable, systematic process.
- Prepare quarterly management reports including revenue analysis and reconciliations.
- Working with the external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with the revenue recognition rules and policies as well as provide support for annual audit.
- Assist with financial statement preparation and disclosure associated with revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting with a focus on software revenue recognition
- Public accounting experience required, Big 4 a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of ASC 606 and other revenue accounting guidance and ability to apply their concepts
- Experience with RevPro Revenue Automation System a strong plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent communication, collaborative and influencing skills
- Ability to recognize revenue recognition issues in contracts and purchase orders
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with all levels within a company, including executive management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.