Sr. Communications Manager
ForeScout is looking for a Communications Manager to help elevate C-level executive profiles both internally and externally through strategic communications. The candidate must bring a strong writing background from previous executive or internal comms roles.
This role will directly support our high-energy and passionate CEO, with potential to support other C-level executives, with communicating the corporate vision and messages externally to various audiences, as well as internally to our fast-growing employee base around the world.
Communication deliverables range from company-wide emails, bylined articles and blogs, PPT presentations and script writing, etc. This role will ensure consistency in voice, tone and messaging and leverage various communications channels to reach designated audiences.
This is a communications position that operates at the highest levels and therefore requires the requisite business skills needed to be credible, reliable and flexible with our executive team. In addition to functional expertise in executive communications and impeccable verbal and written communication skills, the incumbent must be business savvy and be able to see the world through the lens of multiple stakeholders: senior executives, customers, industry experts, and the larger business community.
This position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, and is based in Santa Clara, CA.
- Craft compelling content on behalf of ForeScout CEO and other c-level executives. Develop a keen understanding of each executive's style, tone and preferences for executive communications, internally and externally.
- Develop communications content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., speeches, scripts and talking points, blogs, bylined articles, employee communication, preparation materials, etc).
- Collaborate regularly with the CEO and other senior level executives to provide communication counsel that meets business objectives.
- Keep pulse on global affairs and industry trends that may be relevant to executive communications.
- Have a strategic orientation and an ability to see the big picture.
- Create an organized, functional reference set of needed information, metrics, statistics, etc., for various executive communication uses.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams, including product management, product marketing, and business development, to source and develop content.
- Set, produce and interpret quarterly and annual metrics and provide guidance for ongoing enhancement.
- Travel 30-40% (domestic and international travel)
- 8-10 years of communications experience partnering with executives within a corporate communications function or as a journalist covering cybersecurity industry.
- Strong track record of producing high-quality written content, speeches and presentations for senior level executives. All applicants will be required submit a portfolio of various written content.
- Knows how to effectively leverage social media to communicate key messages to various audiences.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, process management and cross-functional influencing skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills and an uncompromising eye for quality.
- Superb writing and editing skills and mastery of AP style and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage multiple assignments from conception to completion and meet deadline commitments.
- Ability to balance quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts.
- Proficiency with full suite of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field
- Cybersecurity industry experience is strongly preferred.
What ForeScout Offers You:
Strong product, leadership, culture, people, benefits and compensation. If you have good work ethic, are visible, lean in, you will be recognized. We are in growth mode and there is a ton of opportunity. A positive attitude and being flexible to change goes a long way here at ForeScout!