Director, Accounting Operations
What We Are Doing:
ForeScout Technologies is transforming security through visibility, providing agentless visibility and control of traditional, IoT and OT devices the instant they connect to the network. Our technology works with disparate security tools to help accelerate incident response, break down silos, automate workflows and optimize existing investments. See devices. Control them. Orchestrate multivendor response.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Accounting Operations is a high visibility leadership role in the Controllership organization. The Director of Accounting Operations will operate with accuracy and timeliness, in a deadline driven, team-oriented environment. Success in this role involves the ability to think critically and creatively, support a fast-paced team, be an inspirational leader, plan and execute effectively while building collaborative partnerships interdepartmentally. The Director of Accounting Operations will report to the Corporate Controller and manages the World-Wide Accounting teams, including payroll, AP, fixed assets, cash, inventory, consolidation, intercompany, general ledger, accounting systems, etc. This position will also be responsible for managing non-US Accounting personnel and ensuring effectiveness of the worldwide team.
- Develop and drive accounting organization strategic initiatives, including driving business process to ensure efficiency, scalability and accuracy of accounts. Assess and maintain current systems and proactively drive implementation of new systems and system changes to meet the growth needs of the company. Work with accounting and other departments in the implementation of new accounting initiatives and to assist with resolution of issues.
- Cultivate relationships with cross functional stakeholders and maintain open and collaborative working relationships.
- Manage and develop a world-wide team of 3 direct reports, an overall team of 15, including creating opportunities to develop accounting and technology skills of the team. Work with the Controllership leadership team to identify and implement development and rotation opportunities within the organization. Ensure team operates with ethics and integrity.
- Ownership of the worldwide month, quarter and year-end close processes, ensuring timely and accurate results. Constantly identify and improve close processes to improve close timelines and efficiency.
- Assist in the design, development and transition of international accounting functions.
- Ensures SOX compliance of accounting organization, including identification of control gaps and design and execution of appropriate level of controls.
- Stays current in evolving accounting and regulatory requirements, and industry trends to proactively plan and implement accounting changes.
- Assist with and provide support for external reporting, including 10Q and 10K filings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience leading process change, project management, systems projects, acquisition integration and controls compliance
- 10+ years’ experience with a combination of Big 4 Accounting and multi-site global public company experience
- Inventory accounting experience required
- Demonstrated ability to manage and guide teams through fast-growth and change
- Detail oriented in execution of work and in review of others’ work
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others at various levels without direct reporting relationships and guide outcomes
- Adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic global environment
- Hi tech industry experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent
- Active CPA highly desired
What ForeScout Offers You:
At ForeScout, we believe in protecting our customers against cybercrime, and having fun while doing it. We have an incredible product, amazing talent and passionate executives from the industry’s best companies. If you are smart, are in it with the team and our customers, deliver results and have a good time doing so, you would be a great match for our passionate culture.
- Competitive compensation and Benefits – We cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more!
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
- Focus on Diversity and Women in the Workplace – participate in our newly formed ForeScout Women’s Network!
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram