IT Project Manager (Mid/Intermediate) – Software Development/Digital
We are looking for a Technology Project Manager to be based at our office in Galway, Ireland. The Technology Project Manager who has come from a Software Development/Coding background and has strong knowledge of managing .Net front end/back end integration projects through API's
You will manage diverse assigned IT projects in the group and working closely with the head of application development, development manager, QA manager & project delivery manager on delivering high quality, standardized Tax Free products to the market. This covers software development projects with straight through processing and where required integrations to POS & EPOS systems, as well as other innovative Tax Free applications working on various devices, using the latest technologies which are relevant to the business of Tax Free.
You will manage both internal and external software development projects and implementation or rollout projects covering all from starting a project from scratch with managing requirements gathering until final launch.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies. Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since 2011. This growth is set to continue and these plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA’S)
- Creating project plans, doing resource planning & holding a strong control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigate those until end of the project. This also involves prioritization of tasks, allocation of cross-departmental resources to those tasks and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & other stakeholder. This involves the monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardized technical specification for the delivered projects. This is to ensure that all Tax Free related applications deliver consistent, quality information to back-end used for internal analysis and external reporting throughout the whole product portfolio.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
- Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders. This is to ensure transparency to stakeholders on progress of projects & estimated delivery times.
- Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis to Head of application development. Development manager, Project delivery manager & QA Manager.
- Be fully familiar and understand authority levels and ultimate accountability of this role for area and countries. Liaise regularly with Integration quality manager, head of application development and other relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must display the ability to take ownership of software development projects and deliver
- Must have experience in delivering software development projects through the full SDLC.
- Must have technical background; either as a Technical Architect, Team Leader or a Software Developer using web technologies integrating with API’s through to backend systems.
- Must have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have experience of managing projects in a matrix environment, across multiple locations.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects and assignments at the same time.
- Experience in waterfall and agile development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or 4 or more years of experience in software development environment.
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), IT, Business or Finance.
- Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project).
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence & Innotas would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organizational, planning and budgetary skills.
- Leadership skills; Must show ability to lead an international team in a global IT environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and drive through change in a fast growing company.
- Solid team Player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Outstanding Communication & presentation skills; Must be able to communicate with non IT specialists
- Time Management; Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Decision maker: Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast growing global company
- Travel: Must be available to travel throughout the European offices