Junior-Mid Level Technology Business Analyst: TRS
Fintrax in Galway Ireland are looking for a Junior-Mid level Technology Business Analyst
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 800 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 30 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
This role is responsible for four major functions:
- To document business requirements for the technology teams to help the business to meet its objectives and goals (Confluence)
- To understand how work is being conducted, and through business/systems analysis and process mapping help the technology teams determine solutions to the issues
- To coordinate with other technology business analysts in Fintrax and establish a best practice for process mapping, functional and Non-functional requirements documentation
- To participate in project reviews with the teams and drive continuous improvement
KEY RESULT AREAS
Requirements Gathering and Management
- Elicit Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, using a combination of user interviews, systems & data analysis, business process analysis, use cases and scenarios or User flow diagrams, Epics and User Stories, ensuring all stakeholders are involved
- Capture requirements according to documentation standards, including :
- Business Requirements Documentation
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Gap Analysis
- Use Cases, or Epics and User stories
- Analyse and elaborate high-level business requirements into an appropriate level of business & system rules and detailed user, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Distribute and communicate requirements documents to all stakeholders
- Maintain and manage effective change control over requirements
- Review, negotiate, and prioritise requirements with all stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
- Manage sign-off and acceptance of requirements by stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Technology understanding of both development and infrastructure
- Good stakeholder management, being able to manage senior and technical employees
- Be passionate about continuous improvement
- Understanding in creating business and technical documentation around a product. This should include, process mapping, detailing businesses logic and rules in a product/solution.
- Must have ability to grasp new technologies and translate technology for users
- Understanding of development methodologies.
- Strong administration skills required.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Recent Technology/Engineering degree qualified.
Technical skills should include:
- Requirements gathering and prioritisation techniques e.g. MoSCoW
- Business Process design using recognised notation / tools e.g. BPMN or UML
- Strong knowledge of User flow diagrams, Epics & User Stories.
- Documentation skills, especially Confluence
- Experience of other IT applications e.g. databases